Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 21mm leitz
From: "Robert L. Clark" <bobclark1@home.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 15:49:34 -0800

>>Lastly, why is it when I try and find a lens for leica via
>>'shutterbug/internet' type searches, I enevitably find the suffix - 9,
>>or 9++, or mint, or some signs of use.... ect. WHERE are the turds!

.

These ARE the turds!!!  The just don't describe them that way.  The whole
nature of this mail-order and long-distance business is to over-state the
condition of the equipment and then act stupid when someone calls your hand.
They are working the law of averages.  A lot of folks will just put their
tails between their legs and not complain.  The worst case scenario for the
dealer is that in one case of five he will have to offer you your money
back.   Where are the Leicas?  Suprisingly, many at Saturday-morning garage
sales in retirement areas.