Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Weston Master V
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 19:35:00 -0500

At 03:21 PM 1999-01-14 -0800, Jim Brick wrote:
>I had my Pentax Spot Meter updated and calibrated by (then) Zone VI so that
>it would match the response pattern of photographic emulsions.

Jim

This is simply impossible, despite what (then) Zone VI might have assured
you.  Selenium matches the response pattern of photographic emulsions more
closely than does CdS or SPD or Gallium Arsenide.  The laws of chemistry, I
suspect, are as immutable on this as the laws of economics which dictate
that we all devote the equivalent of the GNP's of Third-World Countries in
order to purchase Leicas.

Check it out.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315