Subject: Re: [Leica] New Rangefinders
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 21:35:15 EST

Peter, I have been using the Fuji TX-1 for about 4 month now. I have both the
45/4 and the 90/4. It is not a Leica M, but it complements the M system very
well. I find the 45 very sharp in the 24x 36 mode and a bit soft at the edge
in the panorama mode (24x 65) at f4 and 5,6, very god after that. The 90 I
have only had since November and I haven't had time to test it properly yet.
Looks allright on the negs though.
 My personal feeling is that this is a highly attractive camera — the multi
format function is not that important to me - I tend to leave it in panorama
mode most of the time and use the M's for 24x36. I am eagerly awaiting the
35mm super wide lens for it. Try one if you have a chance — you too will be
hooked on those wide views.
Tom A