Subject: [Leica] Japanese built Leica R zoom lenses
From: John Hudson <jahudson@direct.ca>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 20:40:25 -0800

Is there any opinion on the Japanese built Leica R 28mm [or is it 35mm] -
70mm zoom lens made, I think, by Sigma? The front of the lens bears the
Leica name but "made in Japan" is stamped in small letters at the rear of
the lens. I wonder if this Japanese connection is a bit of a tarnish on the
product name a la the "made in Portugal" found on R models up to and
including the R5.

jh