Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica filters + stuff
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 23:59:26 -0700

SP wrote:

> What is an "81B"?
>
> > >You are such a purist. You know what, photographer like Annie Leibovots use
> > >81Bs most of the time
snip

IMO and experience for Ektachrome.
If she's shooting fuji or kodachrome I don't think she would do that, I
don't recall her prints having an extra warm effect However there may be
requirements of reproduction that she feels the warming of the film
requires. That Ektachrome SW? is already so incredibly warm I doubt
she's using that. From memory it think it goes along the lines of an 81a
warming 100k and and 81b warming 200k and that you easily be checked out.
An 81b is the only Hasselblad filter I own and I bought it with the
first camera and lens for catalog work. This is how it was widely felt
in the early 80's and this was when fuji was less excessible. I rarely
use warming filters anymore because the films have gotten warmer and IMO
fuji never needed it.
It could be she just likes very warm fleshtones.
Mark Rabiner