Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux fever
From: "Martin V. Howard" <marho@ida.liu.se>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 16:58:50 +0100

Ted Grant wrote:

> A couple of things the Noctilux allows me to do that you may not
> understand unless you have used it in a work situation.

Ted, thanks for your comments.  Still, I venture to say that the vast
majority of Noctilux owners are *not* professional photographers and
do not earn money from their photographs.  My intial message was from
the point of view of the amateur (i.e., non-professional).  Obviously,
for the professional it is a tool.  If it gets shots that you cannot
get otherwise, which your clients pay for, is all rather a moot point.

> This is a far better topic over a beer, or several, than questions and
> answers back and forth across the world.

With any luck, I should be making it to the US for a year at the
beginning of the new millenium.  I would dearly love an excuse to go
north of the border. If I bring the Scotch, perhaps you could introduce
me to the finer points of Noctilux photography...? ;-)

M.

- --
Martin V. Howard, Application Systems Laboratory,     |
Dept. of Comp. & Info. Sci., Linkoping University,    | Just "DOHH" it!
SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.  Tel +46 13 282 421,     +----------------+
Fax +46 13 142 231; marho@ida.liu.se; www.ida.liu.se/~marho