Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux fever
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 09:23:33 -0400

MarK:

There are two main versions of the Noctilux, the early F1.2, and the later
F1.  Of the later versions, there was the first F1 lens that took a 58mm
filter and the later ones had 60mm filter threads and different hoods,
finalizing on a built in one.  Optically, there is no difference between
the F1 versions.  Mine was the second version of the F1 and has 60mm filter
threads and a bayonet on hood.  It probably dates from the late seventies
or early eighties.   I think the next version after mine had a clip on hood
and the one following that is the current one with a built in hood.

As for night shots with the Noctilux, go to the motorcycle trip link on my
main page and you will see some pictures taken in New York at night and
using F1 at about 1/30th of a second.  These were on E100S slide film.

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/index.htm

Regards,

Robert