Subject: [Leica] Another week gone by. Who knew PAD shooting was this tough?
From: "Gary and Dawn Klein" <gdklein@bytehead.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 09:53:55 -0600

Yes it is tough.  I once dropped a Nikon F3 that at the time had a motor
drive and a 180 f2.8 onto a concrete floor.  The lens did not get damaged,
however the camera's lens mount was now no longer a resident of the camera
body.  It was not pretty.  I think it cost me a couple hundred some 13 years
ago.  Oh yeah and two days later I damaged the rear element of a 20mm lens.
Another trip to the camera doctor.  Then a few days later a camera body
barfed out.  If I had every dime I have spent on camera repair since 1980 I
probably could afford more leica gear.  I am sure that I have helpe Marty
Forscher (Now professional camera repair, ny, ny) fund his retirement!

Some of you, upon seeing a pro work wonder why he seems to have an endless
supply of spare bodies.  You just have to it seems.  With my Nikon system, I
have six bodies and with my Canon system I have two.

Things happen in bunches like that, so hopefully you are  off the hook.

gck