Subject: [Leica] Another week gone by. Who knew PAD shooting was this tough?
From: Jim Hurtubise <jim@inap.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 17:18:09 +0000

Kevin

You're right, this ain't going to be easy! I have been thinking pretty hard
about what I would like my year in pictures to look like when I'm finished. I
think you would have to be superman (or woman) to produce "winners" every single
day. Gee , I don't even think Ted could get a shot such as Ben Johnson winning
the 100 metre sprint in world record time every single day :-).  So I've decided
to concentrate on producing what amounts to a visual journal such as places I've
been, what the weather was like, images of personal events, world events, images
of what it was like to live in 1999 from my particular perspective and small
part of the world. If I can do this and get a couple of winners out of it, I
will be a happy photographer and hopefully a better photographer. In your case,
on the days that you have missed because of a broken camera :-( , you could just
paste the receipt from the repair shop where the images would have been, and it
would be part of your story.

Best Regards
Jim Hurtubise