Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Win 95 to 98
From: "JeffS" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 01:27:33 -0700

For general "productivity" tasks, web page creation and Photoshop, the iMac
and G3 computers have been working extremely well at the (networked) office,
and there's been little downtime to speak of.

For tasks where some downtime is more acceptable and games selection is
important :-) I do use Windows98. If DVD and USB support were less important
to me, I probably would stick with Windows95 OSR2--I think these late W95
releases were more stable. W98 is kind of a strange beast--it includes more
automatic features to keep things in good health, but at the same time, it
seems to need them more! Works well for me, but then, after hearing too many
horror stories regarding W95-98 upgrades I've only done clean installs.

Jeff