Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Win 95 to 98
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 21:42:46 -0800

- --------------1866E8FC0B68FC33BBE5A685

I was recently speaking with Jim Cook who developed the Photo management program
Inview/Stockview that I use.  It is written using the Panorama database (a
wonderfully fast RAM-based program).  Anyway, they have ported it over to
Windows and he has been busily working to convert the Mac based Inview to it.
But he said he has done it all on a iMac G3 running windows in emulation.  He
does have a Pentium, but said the iMac was more stable with windows than the
Pentium.  But he  has bought two Pentiums, now, he said, since he will have to
be able to experience the kind of problems Windows people are going to have so
he can do customer support.  He also said he has had talks with Adobe customer
support and was told they provide 10 times more customer support per unit sold
with Windows over Mac.  I don't mean to start a war (I'm writing this on the
Windows machine at home), but thought it was interesting.

Hey, some people still like DOS and LTMs

donal
- --
Donal Philby
San Diego