Subject: [Leica] 40 mm lens filter diameters
From: Cummer Family <cummer@asiaonline.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 18:20:31 +0800

 "Richard Clompus" <rclompus@voicenet.com> wrote
"Subject: [Leica] Leica CL Lens Question
Dear Fellow LUGnuts,
I have Sherry at Golden Touch giving my Leica CL a clean and adjust.  Does
anyone know the filter diameter for the Leitz/Minolta 40/2 lens?  It seems
to be a weird size and my books on Leica don't even mention this
measurement.
Many thanks.
Richard"

Richard  - the 40mm summicron takes 39E filters, the 40mm Minolta Rokkor
takes 40.5E filters. B+W makes both sizes.

Best Regards
Howard