Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux Filter
From: Mark Hanner <Newsdude@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 02:25:37 -0500

I've joined the ranks of the poor and purchased a Noctilux after all the
wonderful comments I've read from owners.  I've also read the many past
postings re: filters on Leica lenses.  My questions have to do with using a
filter on a Noctilux.  I've been told by several folks that it's a good idea to
use a filter on the Noctilux to protect its large glass surface which is more
exposed then other lenses.  I've also noticed that the glass is not as recessed
as in other lenses which may expose it to more trauma.  Then again the pamphlet
that came with the lens says Leica does NOT recommend a filter be used.  Catch
22 here...I want to protect my major investment but I do not want the filter to
impact any f.1 low light night time shooting.  Any thoughts?  Noctilux owners
are you using a filter??

Thanks, Mark