Subject: Re: [Leica] 50mm lens
From: Malcolm McCullough <blayne@mbox2.singnet.com.sg>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 21:34:23 +0800

Jamie Lee Curtis said (in an interview for Projections, I think) that the
only piece of advice her Dad ever gave her about being in the movies was
"Always find out what lens they've got on. Don't let them shoot you with
anything less than a fifty."

OK, so a fifty on a 35 mm movie camera is equivalent to a hundred on a
still camera, but what the hell.

I like the 50 best of all. It just happens that two of the photographers
who have influenced me most (Raymond Moore and Hamish Fulton) used or use
fifties exclusively, not that I knew it when I first saw their work. They
used Nikkormat FTn's with the f2 Nikkor, as I did for many years, by
coincidence. That is still my favourite combination to use (almost thirty
years on), though I prefer the images the Summicron makes.

Regards,
Malcolm