Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M7......(Mamiya 7 ;-))...your opinion
From: Malcolm McCullough <blayne@mbox2.singnet.com.sg>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 22:24:33 +0800

My vote for the 'Texas Leica' goes to the folding Makina 67 or later 670.
Sharp Nikkor 80 mm lens which is one  stop faster than the Mamiya's 80 mm
f4. Alright so you are stuck with one lens, unless you buy the W67 as well.
How many of you out there use Leica and Plaubel? Wim Wenders (films like
Paris Texas, Wings of Desire etc and photo books like Written in the West)
does.

If I have to complicate my life with interchangeable lenses then the Mamiya
Press comes out - 6x9 negs, lovely 50 and 75 mm lenses. The 50 mm on 6x9 is
equivalent to a 38 mm on 6x7 or 33 on 6x6. Leaf shutters, interchangeable
backs. The gear is sold very cheaply nowadays.

Regards,
Malcolm McCullough