Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Off Topic Personal Add
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 19:54:59 -0600 (CST)

Hi, Kim

Ok, I'm counting, we're up to 3 out of >700 !!!
And please understand that my <1% count is NOT a statement
of disrespect.....my wife is a Leica photographer (NOT an
"aficionado"), an advanced class ham (NOT active, nor into
equipment, but licensed) and she listens to tube audio and
enjoys it (as she did her boom box before I came along!)

On the subject of Leica, she uses two of 'em, has beaten the
living hell out of them for >10 years, and only cleans/repairs
them when they break down (unless I get annoyed and clean/adjust
them).....and she won't buy another piece until one of the bodies/
lenses finally dies.....not an "enthusiast", but a true "user"!

I'm talking about the "hobby" of Leica, NOT the "hobby" or profession
of photography.....they're different animals, and the former is nearly
always 100% male !

Thanks,
Walt

On