Subject: [Leica] Screw Mount Lens
From: inyoung@jps.net
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 21:56:34

Hello,

 I was browsing some of the dealer's website today to find the 105/4.5 Pam
Britar at Ken-Mar Camera in New York.  The price to my surprise was $495.
Is it one of the rare beasts or special lenses in Leica SM?  Does anyone
have any info or experience?
 Somebody in Canada told me the other day that the Canon 100/2 rangefinder
lens in Leica SM was sharper and contrastier than the 90 Summicron.  He
said that the comments came from one of his Leica expert friends.  Can
anyone comment on this comments?  I have never heard that any Leica screw
mount copies were better than the Leica lenses.

Thanks,
David