Subject: Re: [Leica] XTOL Suddenly Dying
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 16:54:25 EST

Glen:

I would like to ditto what Tina has said.   I use Xtol exclusively  and have
never had a problem.  In fact, the Xtol that I am currently using was mixed in
September and the roll that I developed in it last week was perhaps the finest
negatives that I have ever had.   I do not repenish.  I always discard what I
have used and I do not take any measures to remove the air from the container.

I would like to refer you to a website that has been posting some problems
with Xtol.
http://www.bizproweb.com/pages/newsgroups/photography.html

When you get into the site please enter:  rec.photo.darkroom

This is a newsgroup based forum.    There appears to be some bad batches that
were distributed by Kodak.

Gary, good luck to you.  I hope that this does not kill your faith int he
product.  The Ilford Delta/Xtol combination has been magic to my black and
white photography.

Bob Bedwell

<< At 11:05 AM 1/20/99 -0600, you wrote:

 >Have any of you LUGers had this experience with XTOL?
 >
 >Glen Robinson
 >
 >XTOL Suddenly Dying

 Glen -

 Were you using full-strength XTOL that had been used before or do you
 dilute and discard each time?  I've kept XTOL for many months - longevity
 is supposed to be one of its pluses - but I never re-use it.  I store
 full-strength XTOL in plastic, opaque bottles with the air squeezed out.
 I'm glad you were able to re-take the photographs!

 Leically,

 Tina