Subject: [Leica] Re: M6's scratching film - possible solution
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 15:07:33 -0800

Gary,

What kind of slide film are you using? And where is the scratch?

Some Fuji slide film (Velvia for sure) is curled immediately after
processing and drying. It requires an hour or two of "hang" time, at room
temp, to uncurl. The curl is from side to side. If your lab mounts the
slides too soon (while still warm) after processing, some slide mounting
machines will scratch the film, within the frame, along one edge near the
sprocket holes. It within the frame so you will see it when looking at the
slide through a loupe. After finally solving this scratch problem, I used
to have to put this special notice on my Fujichrome processing "please let
the film hang for an hour or so, before mounting, to reduce curl", which
solved the problem.

Jim