Subject: Re: [Leica] Discounting Olympus' Claim to Glory: It's justified.
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 21:20:43 -0700

I haven't compared the Olympus cameras with the other fine cameras on the
list. But I have used OM's since they were first sold, and have had good
luck with them. They are an inexpensive way to get into a good camera
system. Some of the lenses are great. Especially the macros. And the 50mm
f1.8 (cost around $40.00) isn't much worse than a Summicron. Beware of bad
X-synch plugs if you buy one. It's a fairly common problem and the repair is
about $150.00.
Sincerely,
Joe Stephenson