Subject: Re: [Leica] Screw Mount Lens
From: Kent Jon Peters <KPETERS@huntel.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 22:17:42 -0800

Marc James Small wrote:

> At 07:44 PM 1999-01-20 -0600, Walter S Delesandri wrote:
> >I wonder (and this is neither a flame nor a troll)  about your
> >comment about "Nikon and Canon- let's not go there"...........
> >

> By "let's not got there", I meant, "let's not reopen the theft-of-patents
> issue".  I wasn't disparaging the lenses, at all:  over the years I have
> owned several Canon and a couple of Nikkor LTM lenses, and found them
> perfectly satisfactory.
>
> I drive a German car.  My computer gear all seems to have been made in
> China or the US.  Never opened my radios to find out where they come from,
> but I'd guess China, as most of my audio gear is Tandy, and most of their
> stuff now comes from the PRC.  My rifle is an Argentine Mauser.
>
> No, I'm not into high-end audio or television, though I do actually own a
> television and did use it to watch a movie on my VCR four or six weeks
> back.   Otherwise, my idiot eye is black and peaceful.
>
> Marc
>
> msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
> Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!
What do you shoot with an "Argentine Mauser"?  Do you hunt with it?
What size of ammo?  I used to hunt deer with a 'Swedish Mauser"-- a
wonderfully solid chunky beast, but when I was in a tree stand and would
raise the gun to aim, the deer would invariably think the tree was
falling on them  (this is a LONG gun, mind you!).... ha!  Anyway, found
the comment interesting!  Since then, have adopted a shorter, more
potent rifle that works wonders...  see ya!  Kent