Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: FX39 keeping properties
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 15:20:39 +0100

George,

This is a good suggestion, except that for an impatient person like me it is not
really that attractive. If I have been out shooting on a Saturday afternoon, I
usually want to see the negatives the following morning. So I develop in the
evening, let dry overnight, and peruse the negatives on the light table the next
day.

Also, the FX39 instruction I cited does not refer to mixed (i.e. diluted)
developer, but to the stock solution after opening the bottle. The bottles are
quite small (250ml), so in practice I can use one up within a month or two of
opening. The only thing is that I still do not know whether 1-2 months is too long
or not. I guess I will have to study the colours...

Nathan

George Huczek wrote:

> Here's my take on this, if I may make a suggestion.  Exposed film will
> remain stable when kept in the freezer much longer than mixed developer
> will keep on the shelf.  Don't mix your developer until you have exposed
> enough film to use up the entire batch of the developer at once, within a
> few days, with one-shot use.  That way, you never have to worry about
> developer that is starting to oxidize.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium