Subject: RE: [Leica] filter usage + lens tests
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 11:28:29 -0800

Yes, I have used R cameras and lenses. And M cameras and lenses.  I will
also say the M lenses are sharper at the risk of more flaming.  Hey, I also
used Minoltas.  You guys kill me.  Everyone gets so offended when someone
says that an R Lens is a Minolta design.  Hey, Minolta is a great company
and Rokkors were very good lenses.

<snip>Risking a flame, Peter have you ever owned or used Leica R lenses?
What do
you base you comments on?  I happen to have just got a 35mm Elmarit, and I
will make comparison shots between it and the 35mm Summicron I have.  I do
not expect to see any difference by F4.  The Summicron would clearly be
superior at F2 <snip>.

Regards,

Robert