Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Handbook
From: WILLIAM CALDWELL <sneeker@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 20:19:34 -0500

SNIP --
> The "Program" and the "Handbook" are two different things. The latest
> edition of the Handbook is 1998-99, I have seen it in Solms. The >program is free and can even be downloaded from the Leica website, but >you have to pay for the handbook (Leica Card members get it for free).
>
> Pascal
SNIP --

Thanks Pascal,

At the 1998 LHSA Meeting in Denver, Colorado, the "Program" was
identified as the replacement for the "Handbook" in the United States.
I am glad to hear that it is still available in Europe.  Hopefully, an
English version will be made available in the United States.  By the
way, most Leica dealers in the U.S. would give their customers a copy of
the "Handbook" free (its nominal cost was US $17 to $20).

Best regards and the best of light (unless you are using a Noctilux),

Bill Caldwell
sneeker@erols.com