Subject: [Leica] R vs. M
From: Robert Rose <rjr@usip.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 17:32:36 -0800

Maybe you guys are sitting at the keyboard too much and shooting too little.  I now have a wall of 8x10 color and b&w, both M and R pictures that are fabulous (at least technically <g>).  Of my two best 11x14 enlargements, one is R, one is M.

You can't tell the difference.  If anything, the R images appear  sharper because they are taken at smaller f stops, higher speeds, and sometimes on tripod.  My M images are usually wide open, slow speeds, and always hand held.

Okay, I do have some of the best of each system.  The point is that you should pick between the systems on the basis of the right tool for the job.  Eventually you will want both <g>.

Bob

Peter wrote:
<<Yes, I have used R cameras and lenses. And M cameras and
lenses.  I will also say the M lenses are sharper at the risk of more
flaming.>>