Subject: Re: [Leica] got it!
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 08:10:58 -0600

>know that you have high praise for the 19 but don't remember comments about
>the 80.  What do you know about it please?

It's a wonderful lens. It's very similar in "characteristic" to the 75
Summilux so I'm told by those who know. I've seen pictures made with the
lens (in person, not only print) and if I didn't already have the 75, or
the M system, I would be getting that lens. It has a special way of
rendering colors. Like the 75. Even in very low light, the colors are
saturated. I've heard very little criticism of the 80, compared to the good
things I hear.

I guess, though, the main question for you has to be, do you need the 19 or
the 80. I would think the 80 would be more important to get first, since
you already have the 28, no? But only you can answer that question.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Your E-Mail has been returned due to insufficient voltage.