Subject: Re: [Leica] Summary of Responses to XTOL Problem
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 09:24:14 +0000

>     My request for information about Kodak XTOL film developer suddenly
>dying generated a dozen or so public and private responses. I will
>summarize their contents.  The problem was four rolls of Tri-X film in two
>batches came out totally blank after I developed them in XTOL diluted 1:3.

(snap)

Now it has happened to me too! Last night I was trying to establish the
best times for Delta 3200 developed in Xtol 1+1. I had three strips of
films which I developed in three separate tanks, simultaneously, but with
development times differing. I was very careful to get the temperatures
absolutely correct and had jars with different temperature water to mix the
stock solution with.

One of the film strips came out absolutely blank, not even the frame
numbers appeared. As all the Xtol came out of the same bottle, I guess I
"developed" one of the strips in plain water. Perhaps I am not the only one
to have done this?   --  Oh no, of course I did not mean you........

- --
christer almqvist
eichenstrasse 57, d-20255 hamburg, fon +49-40-407111 fax +49-40-4908440
14 rue de la hauteur, f-50590 regnéville-sur-mer, fon+fax +33-233 45 35 58