Subject: Re: [Leica] language
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 14:43:35 -0800

Dan Cardish wrote:

> I have 166 messages in my trash folder from the Leica mailing list, all
> received in one day .  Do you really want the equivalent number of posts
> coming from both the Rollei and Hasselblad lists?  Can you read 498 posts
> per day?
>
> You consider the proper usage of "QUOTE" etc, exciting stuff?
snip

I found the quote thing just a funny as the booze thing. By chance the
whole word thing is hitting me where I live right now. As we sit here
and read and type away: Are we not Photographers? Maybe, but at the
moment we're communicating in writing not visually which makes us
writers or typists.
I'm into dictionaries of late and was amazed to see so many other Leica
people also of the same interest.
Someone should come out with a Leica dictionary, I guess there are
camera encyclopedias and glossaries but I still think the language of
leica needs to be collected!
There is all kinds of thread which go right over my head, I have
"Quickeys" so I just hit the delete key and whizz right by.
Mark Rabiner