Subject: [Leica] FS: Tele - Elmarit (Thin)
From: "Mark Hammons" <astair@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 19:59:54 -0600

For Sale:

90mm F2.8 "Thin" Tele-Elmarit
Leitz Canada Production #2,695,xxx (1974)
4-lens design.

MINT- condition / Optics MINT

The lens shows NO wear except a little bit on
the first thread of the filter rings.  Other than that
I think I would call it MINT (I'm a conservative grader).

Has rear lens cap but does NOT have the front lens cap
or rubber hood.  It came with the rubber hood and front
lens cap for a 90mm F4 Elmar-C (for the CL).  Having
this screwed on may account for the slight wear on the
first filter ring, or maybe not.  Comparing the picture
of the rubber hood for the Tele-Elmarit (11250) on page
198 of Lager's Leica Illustrated History Volume II (Lenses)
to the lens hood that I have for the Elmar-C they look
almost identical.   I will leave it up to the buyer weather
they want the Elmar-C hood and front cap or not and
adjust the price accordingly.

Price with Elmar-C hood and cap.        $600 + shipping

Would prefer sale within U.S. for logisitics.
Please contact privately at following e-mail address.

<astair@ix.netcom.com>

Mark Hammons
Plano, TX

P.S.  - There are 2 zeros "00" to the right of the word "feet"
on the focusing scale.  I think I had heard once that this is
a correction factor for the actual focal length of the lens.  Its
value is supposed to be in 0.1mm increments.  If that is so
then this lens is 90mm to within 0.1mm accuracy (at infinity, of course).
Can anyone either confirm that this is 2-digit value is for.
Look in Lager's book on the Tele-Elmarit and you will see one lens
with "00" and another with "05" mounted on an M6.