Subject: Re: [Leica] chrome body, black lens
From: "Mark Hammons" <astair@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 16:07:04 -0600

>I have a black M6HM and a set of black M lenses.  I'm thinking of
>getting a chrome M6 as a second body, to use with slower film.  I've
>seen a black body with a chrome lens attached and I find it very ugly.
>I want to solicit the impressions of people who have seen a chrome body
>and black lens combination.  I think it would still look fine.  What do
>you think?
>
>(I know, I know, it's the pictures that matter.)
>
>Thanks,
>Ben

I think that the chrome body and black lens looks just fine.
I also think black body and chrome (or nickle) lenses look
fine -- but realize you don't see that combo very often.

Back in the early days of Leica the black body with chrome or
nickel lenses was much more common.  The Leica
I's (A, B, C, E) were mostly black as were the the II (D) and
several III's (F&G).  They all had chrome or nickel lenses.
I think they look rather distinctive.

Mark Hammons