Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: Softie
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 13:23:55 -0500

At 10:02 AM 1/24/99 -0800, you wrote:
>B.D. wrote:
>
><<<<<<<But it maybe that someone with more experience than I has figured
>out a way to avoid wasting film with the softie....>>>>>

I've posted this numerous times. I trained myself to not wind the film
after the last photograph. Under some circumstances (the heat of
photographing), winding the film is automatic. So now you are ready to put
your camera & softie away. I simply take one more photograph. Where ever
you are, of anything near. The way I figure, a deliberate photograph of
anything is ALWAYS going to be better than a photograph of the inside of
your bag. So when you are sorting your slides or prints, put these aside.
At some point you will have a collection of photographs that you never
would have taken other than to eliminate a false release. It's amazing what
treasures you can find, which would not have been there if you didn't have
a soft release.

Jim

Jim - Sorry to keep this damn thing going...I remember your earlier sage
advice....my problem is not what happens when I put the camera in my bag,
but when happens when I am carrying it on its strap, over my right shoulder,
when I have bulky clothes on - ie. sweater, winter coat, etc. WhenI am
carrying that way I want the shutter cocked not because I can't do it
quickly, but because I want the meter available....but I guess the advice
regarding the bag applies...

Thanks... B. D.