Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica stigma
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 12:19:00 -0800

I don't believe what you said below. I'm a recent Leica user (1970's when
the CL & R3 came out). I got more flak from using Alpa's throughout the
60's than I ever received from using Leica from the 70's until now. As a
matter of fact, I've never been looked at differently because I use Leica.
Over the years, I've attended numerous workshops (Art Wolfe, Pat Ohara,
Freeman Patterson, Rod Planck) and I was always the only Leica there. I
never got nutty questions. The extent of the questions were "how do you
like your Leica?" or "does Leica make a lens in xxx focal length?" Always
just camera comradery and interest.

Jim