Subject: [Leica] More XTOL info....
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 20:24:31 +0000

Friends,

While looking through the MF Digest, I came across the following posts.  I
hope they will be of some help in the Xtol debacle.

Dan K.

Here goes....

1)
Imho, the problem is not insufficient agitation or pre-wet, since I'm
not talking about a minor lack of contrast, but about a almost clear
film. I guess that I did get a bad batch of developer :( I was
informed by direct e-mail that "Kodak has had some serious problems
with xtol consistency, also a few badly packaged batches", so I guess
it explains the problems I am experiencing... I guess that I will wait
for awhile before I decide to give xtol a chance to prove its value...

2)
You have dead Xtol.
  If the packaged stuff wasn't powder, it went bad in the package probably
because of a bad seal.
  Also, there's something going on with T-Max 100 and Xtol; most reports
I've seen about Xtol failures involve TMX.

....end.