Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V6 #43
From: "David Strang" <dstrang@mail.portup.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 21:20:14 -0500

Please pardon my most basic questions as I just joined this listserver.

I am looking for any comments (both good and bad) on the Leica R8.
I have been using Canon for the past 20 years in a professional capacity,
and also have extensive experience with Nikon/Hasselblad. I also own a Fuji
GX680III for a medium format capability.

- -I would love to get as much information as I could before I decide to buy.

- -Some immediate questions are:

- -Good places to buy (mail-order?)

- -Chrome versus black body

- -What is the difference between the 35f2 Leica lenses and what about the
serial number business?

- -Is the motor drive available and worthwhile for the R8?

- -What is a good price for a new or used body and /or 35f2?

Thanks,
Dave
dstrang@portup.com