Subject: Re: [Leica] [Leica-off topic] country of origin
From: "ray tai" <jeslam88@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 19:01:06 PST

Walt,

Nikon USA and Nikon Japan are two distinctively separate companies, with
their own management structure, bean counters, marketing, and
parts/repair policies.  This is probably also true for Canon USA, Mamiya
USA, etc., where the Japanese parent companies are responsible for R&D
and manufacturing and the USA subsidiary handles sales, marketing, and
forcasting.  It is also not unusual for the US company to make a killing
while the Japanese parent has a lean year, i.e., automobile companies.
If your F or S3 had a soul then it was lost in USA, not in Nippon
Kogaku.

Regards,

Ray