Subject: Re: [Leica] Softie again, & again ....
From: "David Medley" <dmedley@whidbey.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 11:22:08 -0800

OK, I will jump in here just this once.....

First, unless I am packing more that one body, ready to go, I will always
carry it on my chest rather than on my shoulder. Less chance of damage,
theft, all of those things plus it is faster to get at the ready. AND, less
chance of tripping the shutter with softie attached.

Second, and I don't know who posted this several months ago, (It's not my
idea) I just take a couple of wraps of a rubber band around the base of the
softie and it keeps the meter off and the shutter from firing when I'm not
ready. Like Ted and so many of you, I have always advanced the film after a
shot and try as I might, I cannot break the habit. I leave a tail of the
rubber band out, making it a matter of a fraction of a second to remove it
and be ready for a shot. Like so many things it is a matter of getting into
the habit of winding the rubber band back on when you are through or you put
the body back in a bag. I don't worry about a rubber band for the camera on
my chest as it does not trip very often in that position.

Cheers,
David Medley
Whidbey Is.   WA
USA