Subject: Re: [Leica] Highlights and bracketing....
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 19:08:40 -0800

- --------------D7E7DBCF5EA84CE700A8D5BA

"BIRKEY, DUANE" wrote:

> But if you bracket in 1/3 stops over a two stop range for every shot and
> you take 5 or 6 shots at every exposure...... you are going to waste a
> lot of film.     In Donal's case (and other commercial shooters) this is
> not a problem .....  film is the "cheapest" part of the shoot...

I guess before I get a reputation as a profligate funded by wealthy companies
I should say that I do shoot straight when necessary and process, not over
shooting.  And I must say that using my new M6TTL meter has proven quite
accurate with most brackets unnecessary.  But I also must tell you that not
shooting more variety and frames cost me over a $1000 last week from loss of
more stock sales to one company.  But I also assure you that I am a quick
learner with that kind of feedback system, even when I'm paying expenses on
speculation.

donal

- --
Donal Philby