Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica stigma
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 1:01 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Joe Stephenson wrote:

> I'm with Jim on this. I've received little comment re Leica use, either
> from
> photographers or the general public. Actually, I got more comments when
> using OM equipment. And, I don't give a damn if people think my kit is
> "elitist," stodgey, codger-gear, or whatever.

There does seem to be a rather strange kind of person who feels it
necessary to make loud remarks about "showing off his flashy/expensive
camera", or who has to tell you that you've wasted your money and that his
Tokina/Vivitar/Whatever 28-200 zoom is "just as good".

I have a whole series of responses, but my favourite is to smile sweetly
and say "Ah, you must be one of those poor people I've read about in the
Telegraph", which usually pisses them off nicely :-)

But really, who cares *what* such people think?

David Morton                       |  "Times are bad. Children no
dmorton@journalist.co.uk           |  longer obey their parents and
David.Morton@openconsulting.co.uk  |  everyone is writing a book."
(+44) 171 917 6272                 |  Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)