Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Stigma
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 14:09:11 -0000

Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net> wrote:

>We kid ourselves if we think our newer Leica's look like second hand
archaic relics, they look darn expensive

My M6 doesn't look greatly different from my M2, and in the words of
one of my clients (commenting on my M2) "You don't have to tell me
that clunker is Russian!"  So at least one guy has been fooled by
"retro" styling ...

I suspect the reality is that some thieves would recognise a Leica and
that others wouldn't. A more likely act of photographic self-delusion
is the idea that a brown canvas camera bag won't be recognised  as a
camera bag but thought to be a military-surplus satchel. Like a
portable computer case, a traditional camera case has a distinctive
shape which is likely to catch a criminal's eye.

Regards,

Doug Richardson