Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Polarizing Filter
From: "Peter C. Palmieri" <palmieri@cybernex.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 22:26:27 -0500

Thanks to the many of you who so kindly and expertly responded to my
question about circular vs. linear polarizing filters.

I will be ordering the B+-W MC polarizing filter for my M4 tomorrow. After
many years of on and off photo taking with several cameras, I have always
been reluctant to use a filter of any kind because many years ago I attended
lectures from Leica people who showed that using filters negatively impacted
on the sharpness of the photo. But, I am tired of getting white skies that
ruin the image in landscapes that I am trying to capture.

My R4 which had been sitting in its bag for several years has just been
totally reconditioned and brought back to Leica standards so for except for
the bells and whistles of the newer R's, I now have an R4 that looks like
and works like new. Fortunately, I have been very careful with the lenses so
they look like new too.

I am off to the woods for the next several days with my tripod, Reala and
camera to capture some images that I have had in my mind for a couple of
years.

Thanks again

Peter in NJ