Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 6 Leicas
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 20:10:16 -0800

Sandy wrote

>Just curious, I know that many Nikon SLR users (myself included) are reluctant
>to carry long lenses attached to the camera body hanging from a strap because
>of possible damage to the lensmount. I know that my Leica feels solid as a
>rock, so I'm wondering whether the potential for bending the lensmount is
>offset by the rugged construction of the camera. Any comments?

Hi Sandy,

I don't hang the 280 from the camera body, I use a strap attached to the
lugs on the lens and have the camera strap as well.  In other words the
camera and lens starps are equal length therefore eliminating any overload
on the camera body.

Works very well. Sometimes I'll use the same camera for some time with the
280 only, then I remove the camera strap and both camera and lens are on
the lens strap.
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant