Subject: Re: [Leica] Polarizing Filter
From: WOCCCC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 23:10:47 EST

Peter,
  the circular filter was developed to work with auto focus, as some of the
modern meters.  Your camera dates to a period that does not require them.
Only reason to get the bigger buck circular is for potential use with the
upcomming R9 fully automatic camera :-> (or should you ever fall off the Leica
wagon, cross the line and buy a Nikon or Canon)
Bill

<< The sales clerk at B&H, who was quite helpful, told me that I
 didn't need a circular filter for my R4. >>