Subject: Re: [Leica] Camera Bags
From: Bill Welch <welch@pressroom.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 22:56:09 -0500

Bruce, I have both those bags you mention, the Reporter's satchel (802) and
the Bureau Chief (806), plus about half a dozen other Domke lens and camera
bags. I use the Bureau Chief bag for carrying a laptop and other stuff, but
actually find it less useful than I imagined. They make a bag in between
those two as well which I like best -- same design as the Reporter's Bag,
but bigger. I don't recall the name, but perhaps it is the 803. My bureau
chief bag doesn't get as much service since I bought that one. While
bigger, the bureau chief doesn't seem to carry any more.

Sometimes I've traveled with the Reporter's bag and the other one lashed
together -- Leicas and lenses in the Reporter's and 'puter and notebooks in
the bigger -- to get past airport gates as if it's one bag.  I wish Domke
provided a more elegant way to lash them together, however.

Regards,

Bill