Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: glass or plastic
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 07:48:21 -0800

Thanks Alan,

I am not sure which lenses use the plastic aspheric elements either, perhaps
its the TV Camera or Copier lenses they make?  I had an older Tokina once
that has a rear plastic aspheric element.  The problem with plastic lens
elements is that when left in the sun for an extended period of time, it can
cause the lens to change shape.  Needless to say, I soon got rid of the
Tokina and went back to all glass lenses.

Peter K