Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: glass or plastic
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 09:10:17 -0800

Eric,

Your wrong about Canon and their lenses. They use all glass aspheric
elements in their lenses.

Here are clips from their Press Releases to confirm this (did my homework
this time).

Canon ELPH:
.....ultra-sharp 24-48mm all -glass aspheric lens;

Canon EF 28-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS USM zoom lens:

Optical construction of the lens includes the use of a glass-molded aspheric
element for high image quality.

Peter K