Subject: Re: [Leica] Palm Pilot and the LUG
From: Rick Floyd <rick_floyd@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 21:32:34 -0500

Mark:

Jeeezzz, I can't believe how dumb I am.  I just remembered that Claris
Organizer is the core program for Palm Desktop Software that comes with
the Palm Pilot Mac Connection kit.  I checked Apples web site to verify
this.  Below comes from their site.

>>>Claris Organizer, re-christened Palm
   Desktop 2.0v2, became the centerpiece
   component of MacPac v2. Then came the
   task of making the transplanted technology
   flourish in a much smaller screen area. Palm
   engineers were determined to do it right, and
   that took time.

   Now, to everyone’s relief, the wait is over.
   Palm’s engineering team put in a heroic
   effort, Wirnowski notes admiringly. After
   working into the wee hours week after
   week, the team has delivered a beta release
   that combines the robust functionality of
   Claris Organizer with the ease of use you’d
   expect of its Apple pedigree.<<<

So at the very most, you can export the ASCII file from Claris Organizer
to the Palm Desktop software, then sync it to the Palm Pilot.  Maybe the
new version of Palm Desktop can read the existing file of Claris
Organizer, then sync to the Palm Pilot.  -  Really easy stuff

Best,
Rick