Subject: Re: [Leica] Enlarging lens
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 21:59:12 -0800

snip
> Basically, I agree with Marc, but there is one exception I know of. Nikon
> made an Apo-Nikkor enlarging lens of 105mm (not medium format; only
> intended to cover 35mm) that outperformed pretty much everything else. The
> price, unfortunately, reflected this - about $1200 in the early 70's, when
> I bought my last new M4 for around $400Cdn. I've seen about 3 for sale over
> the years, generally staying around $1000 to $1500 used.
>
>    *            Henning J. Wulff
snip
I've used the 105 in a rental lab over the years and talking with those
people and checking it out it cost a good deal more than the 80 or 135
or even 135 which I own but not THAT much more. I think you can now get
the 105's for less that 400 bucks. I'm sure this lens is a level up from
the other Nikkors' and would be a worthy competitor to the Focatar's and
Schneider but I'm hoping these German lenses might have something else
to offer. (better)
But the 105 I am thinking of covers 6 by 9 and I think that is the other
lens. I don't think there would or could be a 105 that would only cover
35mm. But I'd love to know that I'm wrong because stranger things than
that have happened to me this week already.
Mark Rabiner