Subject: [Leica] Re: digital vs film
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 16:52:42 -0800

It's not "MY" system. That's the way sensor manufacturers make sensors. The
eye is twice as sensitive to green as any other color (according to the
experts) and this must be accounted for. It also makes it easy to make a
pixel block.

R G
G B

All even rows are R G R G R G R G... all odd rows are G B G B G B G B. So
to make a "real" pixel, a square block of four pixels:

R G
G B

make up a real pixel.

Jim