Subject: [Leica] Pixel Beyer pattern
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 17:15:18 -0800

You didn't want an answer??? I presumed you asked the question in order to
get an answer??? The R means RED, the G means Green, and the B means BLUE.
This is the arrangement of R (red) G (green), and B (blue) pixels. Did you
read something else??? This "Beyer" pattern is how most sensors are made.
There are a few odd sensors (eg; interleaved, parallel quadrants, etc.)

Beyer Pattern:
R G R G R G R G R G R G...  (pixel row 0)
G B G B G B G B G B G B...  (row 1)
R G R G R G R G R G R G...  (row 2)
G B G B G B G B G B G B...  (row 3)
...(etc)