Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: digital vs film ...help
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 23:16:53 -0800

A few thought which might apply:
Digital photography is Digital photography if it was shot from a Digital
camera, back or scanned form a neg or even print or a scanner was used
with live objects. I'm sure most Digital photography is from scanned
negs sometimes prints. When Digital cameras catch up to the scanned
results in quality and accessible price I'm not sure it will be a big
milestone. This biggest milestone has already happened with affordable
output I.E. printers like Epson. A bigger milestone will occur when the
scanners get better (photo cd quality at affordable prices) and cheaper
and more readily accept larger films sizes as well as 35mm.
Before Photoshop there were airbrushes. The old photographer whose
studio I bought out twenty years ago told me I would never make it in
photography unless I learned to airbrush as he had done. So I got one
from day one. Did I use it? Yes to brush of my lenses. Did I once or
twice hire airbrushers to bail me out? Yep.
It didn't take Photoshop to make photography not be real.
"Art is a lie that reveals the truth" ???? Yea, tell that to the
Military Industrial Complex.
Mark Rabiner